The development, creativity and furniture industry unit is designed to offer accredited furniture design services to furniture factories and individuals based on global standards.
The unit aims at:
- Preparing qualified and professional cadres through developing education programmes and offering specialized vocational and technical training courses in furniture industry.
- Cooperating with An-Najah’s Engineering and Construction Department in terms of supervision, planning, implementation and building the university new facilities.
- Assuring quality and providing accredited services in interior and graphic design.
- Developing and modernizing productsin terms of design.
- Offering testing laboratories for the furniture industry.
- Assuring the development and implementation of technical regulations and standards in the Palestinian furniture sector.
- Assuring the application of modern administrative systems and quality regulations in the furniture sector.
- Playing an active role in marketing furniture to the public.
- Conducting scientific and applied research and implementing pioneering projects to develop the furniture industry.
- Preparing specialized studies and statistics and establishing an information platform.
- Encouraging national products and ensuring product safety and consumer protection.